SUMMERFIELD SCHOOL - CLOSED FROM MONDAY 23rd MARCH 2020 - UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Welcome to Summerfield!
Welcome to Summerfield School's Website
We are a two form entry primary school situated in Bradwell Common near Central Milton Keynes. Our children are taught in small classes from EYFS through to Year 6 and we have a strong team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff working with them across the school.
It is our intention to develop the whole child, helping them to grow as both lifelong learners and proactive, responsible citizens. As a school community, we celebrate diversity and use people's experiences and strengths to motivate and stimulate. We recognise that children and adults perform best when they are nurtured, encouraged and valued.
I am proud to lead Summerfield as Headteacher and I hope you find that our developing website gives you a flavour of our achievements and what we have to offer. We are more than happy to welcome you to our school - please contact us on the details at the top of this page to arrange a visit or to find out more about us.
- Congratulations to Afreen and Edward!
- The latest copy of the Headteacher Newsletter
- Please see our latest copy of the Attendance Newsletter.
- We’ve registered with easyfundraising and we need your help! Amazing News and Offers!
- Please take the time to complete the survey
Summerfield School – Closed from Monday 23rd March 2020 Until Further Notice
Thank you for all your support during these unusual and unpredictable times. As always, the safety of staff, children and the rest of our community is of paramount importance. We also recognise we have a role to play supporting the ongoing education of your children whilst school is closed and helping those families who need additional support. Thank you also to those who have been in touch to provide us with the information requested.
Just to reiterate, the following guidance has been issued by the Government:
- Every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
- There is an offer to parents and carers who are key workers for school to provide childcare, however, there is no requirement for parents and carers to send their children to school. Any children who are cared for will not be educated as they normally would be at school and any care may be given offsite due to numbers, staffing and logistics
Even when school is closed, the following guidance should still be followed:
- Families where one member shows signs of a fever (temperature above 37.8⁰C) or a persistent cough must now self-isolate for 14 days.
- Children where a family member is displaying symptoms are not able to come to school for 14 days, even if they don’t have any symptoms themselves.
Social distancing measures are steps you can take to reduce the social interaction between people. This will help reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
1. Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough
2. Avoid non-essential use of public transport, varying your travel times to avoid rush hour, when possible
3. Work from home, where possible. Your employer should support you to do this.
4. Avoid large gatherings, and gatherings in smaller public spaces such as pubs, cinemas, restaurants, theatres, bars, clubs
5. Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
6. Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services
Everyone should be trying to follow these measures as much as is pragmatic.
Vision, Ethos & Values
Supporting your SEND children at home
SEND Parent questionnaire
We raised a wonderful £117.00 for Sports Relief. Thank you to everyone who supported this event!
CONGRATULATIONS to Afreen and Edward who have been elected as our new Parent Governors. Thank you to everyone who voted.
Mother's Day Gift Fayre
Thank you to all the amazing and talented Gift Fayre stallholders who attended our event yesterday, outside! Thank you to all those of you who supported this event.
World Book Day!
On Thursday 5th March we celebrated World Book Day. The theme this year was 'Sharing a Million Stories'. We invited children to come to school dressed in their pyjamas to celebrate the joy of relaxing and listening to stories at bedtime.
Latest School Calendar Events
There are currently no events.