Summerfield School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. It is the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment.
Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Child protection is part of the safeguarding process. It focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering or likely to suffer significant harm. This includes child protection procedures which detail how to respond to concerns about a child.
SAFEGUARDING IS EVERYBODY'S RESPONSIBILTY.
- Making sure that all our children and young people are safe, feel safe and are in a safe environment
- Making sure that children, parents/carers and staff are able to talk about any safeguarding concerns and feel listened to
- Ensuring that all staff and volunteers have appropriate background DBS checks
- Making sure all staff attend Safeguarding training; to be aware on the procedures and guidance relating to what to do if they suspect a child or young person is at risk to harm.
Any issue relating to child protection should be referred to either:
- Ian Fraser (Headteacher) - Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Rebecca Daley (Deputy Head) - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Kate Mott (SENDco)
- Kate Addison (Pastoral Co-Ordinator)
All child protection issues will be treated by the school as confidential.
SAFEGUARDING POSTERS WE USE IN SCHOOL
MASH 01908 253169 or 253170
Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) MKNorthNeighbourhoodCluster@thamesvalley.police.uk